Enter Service Learning Hours
NEW! Starting Fall 2019, course instructors will be able to enter their students' service learning (SL) hours through the Faculty Center via SF Gateway account.
- Login to the SF State Gateway with your SF State ID and password
- Select Class Services
- Click on the Access Faculty Center button
- Within your Faculty Center, select the Enter Service Learning (SL) Hours tab.
When directed to the Enter Service Learning Hours tab, your course sections that are “attributed” as SL will populate. Note: Only course sections that were “attributed” as service learning by departments/Colleges via the Online Schedule Building (OSB) by semester, will appear. For questions or information, please contact ICCE’s Community Partnerships & Campus Outreach Coordinator.
- To view additional SL courses, select the arrows
- The roster of your enrolled students in your SL course section will appear, which you can then enter the number of completed SL hours in the SL Hours column.
- Once hours are entered into SL Hours column, scroll down to bottom of page, and click on the Save button and your students’ SL hours will be recorded.
Course instructors are no longer able to input SL hours past the grading period at the end of each semester in Campus Solutions.
- Fall 2019 SL hours due: Jan. 3, 2020 by 11:59 pm (when grades are due)
- Spring 2020 SL hours due: May 29. 2020 by 11:59 pm (when grades are due)
- Per Academic Senate Policy, the minimum amount of SL hours a student must have completed in order to have these hours on their official transcript is 20 hours. However, there is no maximum cap to the hours.
Is ICCE responsible for tracking my students’ hours and grades?
- ICCE does not assign grades, track student hours, or submit student service hours to the course instructor. The tracking system within SF State ULink offers this resource to SL students and their course instructors. To use this tracking option, course instructors must log-in ULink to view the student’s hours that were approved by the community site supervisor. For more information about ULink, please contact Glendie Domingo.