Support for a faculty member (with or without student co-presenters) who will participate in a professional, academic, and/or civic engagement/service-learning conference to present a paper or attend a session(s) specifically about civic engagement and/or service learning. Evidence of attendance or presentation at service-related session(s) required for reimbursement.
Faculty who are teaching or have taught an officially designated SF State CSL course are eligible to apply. Evidence of attendance or presentation at service-related conference is required for final report.
- Faculty: One grant up to $1,500 will be awarded towards registration and/or related CSU-allowed travel expenses.
- Students: Up to $1,000 per student towards CSU-approved travel (maximum of two students will be awarded this grant). Students must be listed as co-presenters and attend the event along with co-presenting faculty member.
- Note: Funds will be transferred to the applicant’s department/program/school.
Grant proposals will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Quality: The degree to which course-related service is evident in the conference theme and/or session(s).
- Innovation and Replicability: The participation in the conference advances the faculty member's knowledge of, or preparation for, integrating service into the curriculum.
- Sustainability: If a paper is published in the conference proceedings, or other pertinent publication, this will be shared with colleagues and ICCE. Alternatively, we encourage sharing of results/outcomes with community partners.