2019 Call to Service - Request for Proposals - Apply now! FLYER
- Funding now available thru ICCE for class/teaching, service-related, and/or research or scholarship activities (includes planning) and events to take place during calendar year 2019 (January 1–December 15, 2019)
- Applicants may submit up to two proposals (must be for two different categories)
- See below for more information and how to apply
Call to Service grants support SF State faculty and staff in providing service-learning, community and civic engagement opportunities to students and in disseminating service-learning knowledge, research or findings. Civic engagement, which is part of ICCE's mission and statement of shared values, focuses on the opportunity to make a personal connection to complex social problems in our communities.
Grants are available to encourage community engagement in the form of:
- Add service learning (SL) to a course (individual course instructor)
- Partnerships in Service Learning
- Student Assistant(s) for Community Service Learning (CSL) Courses
- Department/Program/School Level Service Learning Grant
- Conference Travel (relating to civic engagement and/or service learning)
- Civic Engagement/Civic Learning
- Eisman Award for Engaged Scholarship - NEW!
How to Apply
- The submission process is entirely online.
- Important: By submitting your grant application online, you acknowledge you have informed your Chair/Program Director and they endorse your project/proposal.
Use of Funds
Grant funds may be used to support the following expenses: Use of Funds
- CSL 101 Workshop: (Friday, Oct. 26th, 10a-12pm ǀ Location: TBA)
Deadline for proposals (for all grant categories)
- Friday, November 30, 2018 by 5:00pm (no extensions will be permitted)
- Spring 2019 – Dates to be determined and will be individual/program specific
- Due to ICCE no later than January 15, 2020