I am interesting in taking a course that offers the CSL option, how do I register? What courses offer the CSL option?
1. Browse through the SF State COMMUNITY SERVICE-LEARNING (CSL) COURSE LIST offering a CSL component.
2. Register for a course that fits your interests and schedule.
Once you register for a service-learning designated course, your professor will inform you of the kind of service-learning experience that is expected. Generally, there are two type of service-learning at SF State:
- Placement - students are expected to find a community organization with which to serve or your professor will provide you with a list of acceptable organizations where you can serve.
- Project - you will work with your peers in the classroom to generate a product for a community organization.
In each of these models, a fundamental goal is to connect your service experience with the classroom content. Your professor will have assignments and reflection activities that will help you make these connections.
3. Refer to the Current CSL students for more information.
Need more information? Contact Glendie Domingo-Lipar or visit her at HSS 206. She can provide one-on-one support if you need more assistance locating a good service opportunity.